A summary of the entry conditions for Sforzando 2015 is listed below. Please read the General Terms and Conditions in its entirety - found in the above link - before application.
- Ensembles composed of two to five instruments are eligible.
- Every ensemble member is not under 16 and not above 30 years of age.
- Every ensemble member is matriculated at a European educational institution.
- There are no limits regarding orchestration and the instrumentation of an ensemble; vocal music is allowed.
- No participant may at the time of the competition be performing as a professional musician on their instrument or intend to pursue a professional career on their instrument.
Please note: only one piano will be available.
Participant ensembles must prepare a complete work of music of their choice with a playing time of approximately 30 minutes.
Ensembles are required to play:
- For the the first round:
- One (shortened, if necessary) movement of the chosen complete work. - Another short piece of music of their choice.
The total playing time of the two pieces of music should not exceed 15 minutes. Ideally, the second piece should have a different character; however, another movement of the chosen complete work is also permissible.
- In the final round: the chosen multi-movement work in full length.
Exceptions regarding the concert programme can be considered by the organising team. For enquiries please contact: email@example.com.
The time limit must be observed. The jury retains the right to interrupt performances if the time limit is exceeded.
All ensembles must download and complete the application form available on the Application page. This form (including attachments such as the ensemble photo) must then be sent:
- either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by postal mail to the address indicated on the form
A small participation fee, dependent on the number of members of the ensemble, is asked to enrol in the competition. Detailed information about the payment is available in the application form.
ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE 15th SEPTEMBER 2015.
Should the number of participants exceed capacity, the Jury Chair will conduct a preselection process based on the submitted applications.